I've been slow on updating my blog the last little bit. Sorry!
This past few weeks, Steve and I have been concentrating on finishing up the sale of our new place! We spent a little over a year looking in the Bay Area for a house. Real Estate is so pricey here, that we wanted to be sure we found the right house since we are bound to be living in it for quite some time!
Right before Thanksgiving (US Thanksgiving in November) we found it! A really nice 2 storey in the Westborough Park area of South San Francisco. Great view - we can see all the city below and have an awesome bay view. The school system is one of the best in the area we wanted to live, and overall the house is great!
However, the American real estate market is VASTLY different in many ways than Canada and we hit snag after snag. We finally closed on it last week, and took posession of it this week. Woohoo! I'd like to add a little side note here...a lot of it was with help of our amazing realtor. If you need a realtor anywhere in the Bay Area, let me know. Vita was recommended to us by friends, and I'm so grateful to her for all her help and experience. She's the best. :)
This week we have immersed ourselves into MASSIVE renos. Thank God we found a great contractor who is doing so well by us already. We're gutting all three bathrooms, painting the entire place, and re-doing the kitchen. Yikes! We have 6 weeks till move in date.
I'll post some photos as we go along - I plan to take lots of before and afters!
In other news, just in time to clean and work on the house I hurt my hand. My right (dominant)hand! Well, I didn't actually hurt it - it just started hurting. It bugged me a bit early last week with just twinges of pain, but by the weekend I could hardly move my wrist and marched into the doctors office. Diagnosis: Tendonitis...and apparently a pretty bad case.
So...now I have a lovely custom brace for my hand that encompasses my entire thumb, lower hand, wrist, and forearm. This has been lots of fun for everything from brushing my teeth to cooking. I have to wear it for a minimum 6 weeks and up to 3 months for full recovery. At that point, I'll probably have it close by since this is a cronic condition. UGH!
Little update on that - it is a *little* better..at least I can move it!
So, that's the reason for the on and off blog posts. I really have to rest it up! :) Stay tuned though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment