We went back to the house today while it was daylight...and saw the finishing touches being applied! They are about 80% done! Should be alllll done painting by noon on Thursday! Glen (our contractor) popped in today and textured the walls in the bathroom. He's coming back to paint those tomorrow morning. Overall, we're in good shape! Here's a few more photos!
Our head painter Ricardo putting the second coat on the kitchen cupboards. Paint ended up definitely being lighter than I thought (sometimes hard to tell from those 3 inch samples). Overall I really like it though. Really brightens up the kitchen nicely. The flash sort of blows out the actual color here...but it IS different than the walls.

The living room and up to the 2nd floor (and the doors...they look SOOO much better...they were several colors to begin with. LOL)

At the top of the stairs. Looking down to the bedrooms and bathrooms. The cupboards on the right are storage - they look much better clean and painted too!

Looking down on the living room and dining room.

Our room looking out over into the spare room.

This one is blurry, but I thought it showed a good look of the living room. Those walls were dark red and dark green before.

Standing in the kitchen looking into the family room. Cupboards used to be dark brown and family room was a light brownish before.

Overall, it's a big change, and definitely a clean look - what a great start! :)
Looking forward to getting partially moved in this weekend!!
Looks great - can't wait to see it in person :)
ReplyDeleteWow what a little paint can do! It looks so clean and new. I am falling in love with your new cute house!
ReplyDeleteOn another note, I just wonder once you move in how long will you be discovering dog hair for... lol hopefully not too long with all the cleaning, but I KNOW somehow it lasts forever.
I look forward to coming over!