Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bathrooms...

Okay, before we get to the renos, I have to show off this cute pic of my baby...he's SO into posing for photos lately. Every photo I take he's cranning to be in! The bathrooms are kind of at a standstill this week. We had to get the painting done, but we didn't want/expect our contractor to work in the paint fumes...plus it would be hard to work around the painters. Work is due to resume on Thursday. Overall, they are looking great. Walls have been mudded and are ready for painting (there will be some color on these walls!). Then it's just the floor - which is ready and waiting in the garage and the final addition of the toilet/vanities/mirrors/lights. Early next week I think!
This bathroom is our final project. I think we may actually be living in the house before it's complete. Obviously it needed painted ;), but originally Steve and I thought we'd leave it as is. Once we really looked at it though...well, it's getting redone too!
We've started packing at the *old* house, and we're planning to start moving stuff over this weekend. The next week will be the big stuff, and then the final move in!!
If you're reading my blog b/c you're a bay area friend...and you're available either this weekend or next....we'd LOOOOVE some help with lifting. My hand is still too out of sorts to lift stuff (plus I'm a total weakling!), and Steve can't do it all on his own...any help is appreciated! :) I am especially helpful to several of my girlfriends who have offered to entertain Carter during the move. It's such a relief, and I know he'll have more fun playing with friends that being underfoot. Thanks ladies!! xxx

2 comments:

  1. We can't wait to "host" Carter :) And that picture is sooooo cute!!

    The bathroom was freaking ugly before . . . sooo ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paint!! your house is getting gorgeous!!
    Congratulations!!
    Lidia

    ReplyDelete