Friday, February 12, 2010

First Sushi!

Steve and I love Sushi! We used to frequent a really awesome "all you can eat sushi" place when we lived in Montreal. They had a super selection, and were always great to bring Carter some plain rice or chicken with our meals. Sigh...miss that place...and the scallops they had there...

We haven't ventured much into trying to find a kid friendly place in SF yet. We do LOVE this one place in the city that has a menu and an all you can eat option (that's always good for Steve...he can eat a lot of sushi!). If you live in or near SF I'd recommed it: Sushi Hunter
I also love that they make it super fresh and special for me since I can't eat sesame seeds. I have to go somewhere that will accomodate that, and some place/premade pkgs, don't. :(

Last week we decided to try Sunny Sushi in San Bruno. Mmm! It was good - and they had rice and chicken for Carter (which he thought was very yummy...although, unlike in Montreal, it came with a $13 price tag - ouch!).The sushi was good though, lots of selection, and they were accomodating with the sesame issue. Carter decided that he wanted to try sushi as well, so we ordered him a vegetarian california roll (yeah, no, we didn't feed our 3 year old raw fish). He initially wasn't too sure when it was delivered to the table - and actually threw a bit of a fit over it ((eyeroll)). Pretty soon he decided to try a bite, and he LOVED it! Here he is with his first bite of sushi!
...and his chopsticks...those were fun!
Overall, I don't think we'll be trying the eat out sushi again any time soon with Carter. Who wants to babysit so we can go?? ;)

2 comments:

  1. Mom does. :) Looks like those chopsticks would make good drumsticks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dream of the day Reese will eat Sushi :)

    We 4 should go eat it together sometime . . . I wanted it for V-day but the couple we went out w/ "don't eat fish". Um, what?

    I'll have to try the places you mention above.

    ReplyDelete