Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Carter-ism of the day!

Carter adores Pumpkin Pie...I mean he really really realllllllllllllllly loves it.

Every night we watch the goodnight show on Sprout, and right before bed the host asks if you want to make a special nighttime wish. Carter says every single time "I wish for Pumpkin Pie". Over toys, or chocolate, or all the other things kids dream of...he's a nut!

So, this afternoon we were at Costco, and I happened to notice that Pumpkin Pies were out. I told Carter if he was good during the shopping trip we'd get one. He was good...so we got one.

As I put it in the cart, he started making all sorts of yummy noises super loud. But that wasn't it. He started singing - "Oh, the Lord is good to me, he gives me Pumpkin Pie!" (to the tune of Johnny Appleseed - where the words really are, "Oh, the Lord is good to me, and so I thank the Lord").

There was a lot of snickering around us at Costco today. I think it's pretty cute though!

3 comments:

  1. That boy of yours is something cute. I love his little sayings and thanks for sharing this. It put a smile on my face this late in the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carter! We'll be having it for Thanksgiving! Waterslides and pumpkin pie...he's gonna have fun!

    ReplyDelete