They have an insanity plea out there. I think I should be entitled to plea "toddler" :P
I am not in a good mood today. Carter is overtired, and has a runny nose (again) and by the time school was done, so was he. I had to drop off a few things at a friends house, and by that time he was screaming like I've never heard him (Tatiana said she could hear him inside her house!).
So, we leave her house, and head the 6-7 minutes home. We get about 2 minutes from home when Carter stops screaming long enough to tell me he has to go poop (ah, potty training). He promptly starts up again with the crying. Ugh!!
As this starts, so does a whole other chain of events. There's a stop sign right before the entrance to our community. I did stop. I did. But...apparently it wasn't long enough to satisfy the cop who was staking out the intersection. Double ugh!!
Now, don't get me wrong. I really believe that if you did the crime, you should pay the fine. I did stop...but um, fast. So, I was told I didn't come to a complete stop. Ok...fine. Likely true.
Let's move on. The police officer who gave me the ticket was verrry nice. I give him that. He was chatty, and knew I was upset, and saw that I had Carter in the car. He was slooooow though. It took him almost 15mins to write that ticket. The guy has good penmanship...it's an impecibly neat ticket.
Let's get back to Carter. He totally perked up with the arrival of the police...they're cool, right? However, it didn't distract him from his bathroom needs. I kind of ignored it, because he was wearing a pull-up which is somewhat absorbant. A little more than 15minutes has gone by though.
We get home. Get Carter out of the car, carrying all his art from school, a backpack, my purse. I wasn't very observant. Carter disappears downstairs. I call Steve to cry a bit!
Then...I realize that no, pullups aren't very absorbant. He really did have to go. #2. It leaked. It was on the carset, on his pants, on his shirt, and yes...the carpet that he was sitting on.
What a day.
Do you think if I told this story in court I'd get off??? :P There really should be a toddler plea!
In other news, the rest of the day hasn't been going swimmingly. Tomorrow is another day, right??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Bummer! Hope your day is getting better. And that the ticket wasn't too much $$
ReplyDeleteHugs.
ReplyDeleteHope Friday is better
:( sending you big *hugs*
ReplyDeleteHoping today will be better!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete