Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Carter story of the day...

I know I promised some scrappy pics...and I did take them, I just didn't upload them yet. Tomorrow!

Here's a little Carter-ism to tide you over though...

This afternoon I put him down for his nap. Naps have been 50/50 for the last few weeks. Well, maybe more like 70/30 in favor of no nap. We still give it a go every afternoon though, and I generally encourage him to lie in bed and read some books before trying to fall asleep. If he doesn't nap he's usually back up and out of bed within an hour.

Today, we followed the same routine. I put him down, and came upstairs to tidy the kitchen. It wasn't more than about 10 minutes when I hear hysterical laughing and "Wheeeeee". I didn't dare leave him to his own devices for too long, so I rushed back down to see what was going on. He had got out bed, and into his closet. Then he proceeded to empty an almost new box of Pullups (there were like 60 in there) into a pile on the floor. When I opened the door he was leaping into the pile like it was a pile of leaves.

That's my kid...

He looked at me super innocently, and told me exactly what he'd been up to. "It's sooo fun Mom!". It sure was hard to keep a straight face while scolding him!

No comments:

Post a Comment