Tuesday, May 25, 2010

More Carter-talk

Here's a little conversation we had getting ready for school.

Carter: Mom, everyone else has light-up shoes
Me: Maybe next time you can get light-up shoes, but these ones are still good.
Carter: Can I get the ones with "Mighty Machines" and the lights?
Me: We'll see...
Carter: I really want them, and Daddy never lets me get them.
Me: Maybe next time...
Carter: So, can you just go grab me a pair while Dad is at work?

I had to laugh. Steve and I always go together to get Carter's shoes (usually at the outlets, since he has super wide feet and needs specialty shoes). So, not sure why he thinks Daddy is the one who would said no all the time. Plus...it was funny he thought I'd just go get him some. Nut!

2 comments:

  1. Funny that he is trying to manipulate you into getting those light-up shoes ;) I just got Reese a pair of sandals w/ it - at Kohl's (Carter brand, heh). I did it mainly b/c she is FIGHTING us to get on shoes - pain in the freaking butt. I was hoping the exciting pink and white sandals w/ light up stars will help the fight.

    ReplyDelete