Tonight at dinner, Carter had a LOT of stories to tell. This is a sample of our everyday dinner conversations...
Carter asked us who Berkeley's owner was - him, me, or Daddy. Daddy spent several minutes explaining that we adopted Berkeley to be a part of our family and we don't *own* her, she just belongs with us...all of us. Carter continued this conversation with me...
Carter: Mom, Berkeley has a different mom than me though, right?
Me: Yes, she had a mom before she came to live with us, but now I am her mommy.
Carter: I know why she has a different mom than me.
Me: (fully expecting Carter to say, because she's a cat!) How do you know?
Carter: Because she's a GIRL, and you only have boy babies.
Me: Umm...yeah, that must be it!
Later on in the meal, Carter (who has a different meal than us tonight - and this is a rare occurence. Generally he eats what we eat) comments on what's on Daddy's plate.
Carter: Daddy, what are you guys eating?
Daddy: Spinach Pie
Carter: I don't like Spinach Pie
Daddy: How do you know? Have you ever tried it?
Carter: No, I don't like it. I will like it when I'm 10.
Daddy: Why don't you try a bite, just to see.
Carter: But Daddddeeeee, I already tried it.
Daddy: When?
Carter: Umm...13 minutes ago!
(side note, we DID get him to eat some by promising dessert!)
and finally...this conversation has come up A LOT lately...
Me: Carter, you are making a mess with that. Eat properly (his dessert - ice cream)
Carter: This is the way my brother eats it.
Me: You have a brother?
Carter: Yup!
Me: What is his name? Where does he live?
Carter: his name is Carter...and he lives far away.
Me: Oh, where does he live?
Carter: with Grammie in Canada...his name is BUBBY. (aka my dad)
Carter has been blaming quite a bit on his *brother* lately. What a kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Uh oh . . . the invisible sibling to blame! He is crafty.
ReplyDelete