Next I got treated to Mother's Day Brunch at the Marriot in Burlingame. Very yummy, and I highly recommend the place if you're looking for a good brunch. They had everything from graham cracker crusted french toast (yummy!), to sushi, to a chocolate fountain. They also had champagne! Mmm! My favorite food hands down was the Crab Cake Eggs Benedict. Probably very very verrrry bad for you, but delish!!
Carter was all proud because he got his OJ in a wine glass like moms!
The three of us...
After that, we headed down the peninsula to Redwood City. We'd been there the day before. We spent most of our Saturday searching for a new kitty for our family. We started at the Peninsula Humane Society and saw a very cute cat there! We found out he'd been labelled as a biter though, so thought twice on that. They referred us to the place in RWC called Pets In Need. If you are looking for a cat or a dog to adopt I would 100% recommend them! Amazing!! Nice people, clean and large facility and each cat we saw was really loved and cared for. I was impressed. Well, there we fell in love with Mandie. A very cute gray and white kitty that was so super friendly. Unfortunately, by the time we handled her, we'd seen several other cats and looked (for fun) at the dogs as well. Carter's dog allergy was rearing its head. So, we decided to come back Sunday after brunch and start fresh with Mandie and see how he did. UGH...she got adopted in the 12 hours we were gone! :( Fate right??From there we went to the 9Lives Shelter also in RWC. If you really want a big selection of kitties and to interact with them, go there. The people were super nice. We just didn't make a connection with anyone.
So, we decided to call it a day. We'd originally been thinking of a kitten anyways. Steve was super sweet though and decided to high tail it across the Bay Bridge to take me to my FAVORITE Scrapbook store - Scrapbook Territory. I shopped, and before we left we realized that the Berkeley Humane Society was a mere 5 minutes away...so why not go??
Well...look who we found there! This sweet little girl came over to them from an Oakland Shelter and is about a year old. We fell in love with this face!! Her shelter name was "Tofutti", but we immediately decided uh-uh...we need a NEW name. What came to mind? The city who gave her to us - Berkeley!

Once we decided on her name, we thought it might be cute to call her Lily for short, but I don't know if it's going to stick. Berkeley is pretty cute! However, Carter is equally as sure her name is "PERKeley", so I can see it getting melded into many many maaaany nicknames. Carter has deemed her Perkeley-pookeley. LOL.She is very shy with us, and prefers the bathroom (where we set up all her "stuff") or the kitchen. She is already quite adept at jumping up on the counter...and quickly finding she's getting in trouble for it! Within an hour of being home though she was eating cat treats from our hands and letting us pet her. She likes to rub up against us. Not liking to be picked up quite yet, but we'll let her take her time to get used to us!
We are already IN LOVE!
(Hopefully we'll get some better pics soon!)


Congratulations on the new addition! I love the name Carter gave her..too funny! Thank you for sharing sounds like one terriffic day! Look forward to meeting her ;)
ReplyDeleteSo cute! Get her prepared for web-camming with Charlotte on Friday!
ReplyDeleteShe is too cute!!! We had one like that, we had named her Pumpkin, but she was too hostile with our other kitties :(
ReplyDeleteAwwwwwwwwwww... I wanna fur baby!!!!! Waaaaaahhh! She's SOOOOO cute Victoria!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great Mothers Day! She is so pretty!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice day (I am jealous of Steve really trying to make it about you). The kitty is very sweet & I like the name!
ReplyDelete