Tuesday, May 12, 2009

We went to the SF Academy of Sciences today. Steve decided to take the day off so we could go. Despite it being open on the weekends, and there being several free days every month, the museum is just too busy on those days. I can see why! It was really fun! We bought a membership, so we can go back several times this year - and I'm sure we will! The only thing that saddened me was that Carter was too young to go inside the Planetarium. I was really looking forward to it. He has to be 3...so another time!

Here's Carter and I outside the museum. Carter is proudly showing off the flower he found on the ground! LOL. He carried it around the rest of the day...
This cute turtle was enjoying his lunch!
The highlight of the trip for Carter was these Sealion statues! Figures! Kids! A whole museum of exploration, and what does he love?? :)
Carter and I on the Living Roof. Very cool, and great views!
These upside-down Jellyfish were cool!
Inside the museum - looking at the Rainforest exhibit
This is a silly one I snapped of Carter and Steve. I don't remember what was going on, but Carter looks upset, and seems to be asking "why mom??"
Butterflies!
Inside the Rainforest
Looking down at the aqaurium from the rainforest.
So...here's just a few of the 155 photos we took. Yup, 155! I just downloaded them! There were lots of dark places you weren't allowed to use the flash though. We also have a lot of Carter "action shots" - meaning he moved just as we're taking the shot. :)
We finished off the trip to go get the rest of Steve's bday gift (his birthday was Tuesday). Carter and Daddy got matching Giants hats and shirts! Now we just need to go to a game! Soon...
And, last, but not least...we're going to Red Robin for dinner so Steve can collect his free bday burger (and they do make gooood burgers there!).

2 comments:

  1. You, go to a football game!? Cute pics! Maybe we can go when I visit!

    N.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like tons of fun....can I also say that I totally am in love with your monkey bag! I want one too!

    ReplyDelete