Today is the first official day of summer vacation - no more preschool.
Carter and I had a busy day. We tidied the house a bit, played in the newly assembled sandbox in the yard, met some friends at the park to play, grabbed an ice cream cone, and finally ended up at Lucky's (grocery store) to stock up for dinner.
Here's a snippet of the day from Lucky's...
Carter, fresh and high off his 10minute nap in the car enroute to the store, is full of energy. Upon seeing the display of birthday cakes by the bakery section, he proceeds to start singing "Happy Birthday". Seeing as how we only needed a few things in the produce section, the store wasn't busy, and he wasn't actually singing that loud, I decided to pick my battles and allow him to sing a round or two before shushing him.
After the third round...he got cut off! ;)
A nice older lady ended up behind us in line to pay, and she says to Carter
"I heard you singing - you sing so nicely". He got all proud and started singing again until once again, he was shushed. The lady says to Carter "my, you must be a handful - whatever will your mother do with you". Without a second to think he pipes up "I think she might sell me to my Dad!". (I've never said that before! LOL).
The lady laughed and turned to me and says:
"Lord help you my dear"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


ROFL! I remember those days so well.
ReplyDeleteYou have a very bright boy there!
Sue xx
LoL! He's too funny!
ReplyDelete