Sunday, January 8, 2012

Last minute craftiness...

About 90minutes before Carter's last karate class of the year I realized I didn't have gifts for the teachers. He has 5 or 6 teachers that rotate every class and work on different things, so it wasn't as easy as running out and grabbing a gift card. I couldn't believe I dropped the ball. (I know not everyone gives teacher gifts, and that's okay. However, as a teacher myself, I know how nice it is to feel appreciated with even a little something). I didn't want to break the bank, so I ran down the hill to Walgreens and picked up several boxes of thin mints. (yay - on sale for $1each!)

When I got home I wrapped each in a plan piece of computer paper - just like you would wrap a gift. The size of the paper was exactly the right size for the box!

I used a black sharpie to add the eyes and the mouth. An orange marker to make the nose. The red buttons are actually Carter's fingerprints! I added a little wool scarf and stamped a sentiment at the bottom on a whim. On the back Carter wrote "Thank you. Love Carter"

I'd seen very similar ideas to this before (no, it's not my original idea) and some of them also had a little hat. I didn't have time for that, but I think they turned out cute anyways!

We made 10 of them in about 20minutes! A very quick, easy, and cute gift for another year...

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous idea and they look so cute.
    Great save Victoria!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete