Sunday, August 15, 2010

Carter's new Bed!

Carter got a new bed this weekend! His room is pretty small overall, and he didn't have much room to play in it. So Daddy and Mommy decided that when he turned 4, we'd get him a big boy bed - a loft bed! He will be 4 in a few weeks, and last week we had a trial run of how sleeping up high would go. He slept in the top bunk camping, and loved it. So, we ordered this one, and it took a few hours to put it together yesterday. Then we went shopping and Carter got to pick out new sheets for his bed (the old bed - although still big enough for him, was a toddler bed). He took about 10 seconds to peruse his choices and chose "Toy Story" sheets! What a suprise! So, here he is with his new room design and the new bed!
These last two photos were actually taken this morning! He was still in his pjs and once we got the new sheets on he decided he HAD to take a nap (aka, lie down for 10seconds and giggle) for a photo. I will probably try to take another photo tonight when he's wearing his Toy Story pjs!

He slept in the bed last night (on old sheets, since the new ones weren't washed yet). Had a great night with no problems - the rail in the front is pretty high, so he really can't fall out. This morning I had the rude awakening call to "MOMMY MOMMY - SCARY MAN!!" about 8:30am. Daddy was already out on a bike ride, so I scrambled out of bed. The culprit? He sat up and was eye to eye (level) with his hooded monkey towel. I guess the face was a little scary to wake up to! LOL

One other silly sidenote: Carter says prayers before he sleeps. The traditional "Now I lay me down to sleep...". Last night he insisted he had to say "Now I lay me UP to sleep" since the bed was so high! Silly guy!!

**To all my bay area friends, Carter's old bed - the Little Tykes Roadster Racecar Toddler bed is now no longer in use. We're selling it $60obo. It comes with the wooden board base (which is usually sold separate). If you need the mattress, it's included, and I have some fitted sheets as well. He still fits in it just fine - we just wanted the extra room. Please let me know if you'd like it!**

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so cool! And his room looks so much roomier now with the train table underneath. Can't wait to get Sean one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! And I see he's into Piggle right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's growing up SO fast!! A BIG boy bed... COOL! We're going to do the same thing with Spencer's room because of space issues. Have fun Mr C in your BIG boy room!

    ReplyDelete