Just had to jot this down before I forgot it...
Carter has been really interested in death and God lately. He's just trying to figure out how it all works. So, we talk about it openly (on a 4 year old level) when he asks.
A few weeks ago, we were at the Park - which happens to be across the street from a big Catholic Church with a bell tower. Carter LOVES to hear the bells. He turned and asked "Is that where God lives?". We told him yes. All of a sudden he says "Okay, lets go visit Nonnie" (Nonnie, is his name for our last cat Norit, who died about 2 years ago). Not immediately getting the connection, Steve and I were momentarily lost for words. Well, Norit lives with God, so therefore, Norit had to be in the church! LOL
Next discussion...He asked one day when my mom would die. So innocently...just out of the blue. I told him not to worry, she would be around for a long long time. Carter didn't lose a second, and said "But she's OLD!" (Sorry, mom...it was funny!)
Then over the weekend...again, out of the blue - Carter just walked up to me and says "Mom, you're 35...when you're old, you go to God". That's it, that's all...guess he thinks I'm old! LOL
He is also farly fascinated with how God became to be. Who is God's dad? Everyone has a dad! He started posing these questions at preschool towards the end of the school year. He goes to a Christian preschool, so the teacher asked me if he'd like to speak to the pastor. We said yes. Apparently he shot so many questions at her, she ended up telling him "God was the first"...and had to take a phone call! haha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


So funny!! I think Carter thinks you are teetering on the brink of being old. :)
ReplyDelete--Leslie
Aw, kids say the funniest things!
ReplyDeleteYou have a very bright boy there Victoria! I'm loving his questions. :)
ReplyDeleteSue xx