Sunday, August 5, 2012

Hello Canada

We spent a lot of the summer up in Calgary and the surrounding areas visiting our families. It was the first time in many years we'd been back during the summer. Carter was super excited to take advantage of some of the fair weather activities after hearing about them!

Some of these photos might appear out of order. Between finding them on the camera and blogger adn ti's lovely formatting, it's hard to control. Bear with me! Here's a small smattering of what we did.

Heritage Park. Here's Carter and my sister by the big steam train. We rode it several times!

On the boat at Heritage Park

Tipi's at Heritage Park. I added this photo in to immortalize one of the my life's most embarrassing parenting moments. Carter saw them and proceeded to YELL out "Indians!!! Let's get out our weapons!". What a kid! Lucky for him, the very pleasant natives who were working around here showed him all the cool things they could do sans weapons. Beading, cooking over a fire in the tipis, and how life used to be.

Carter and I on the old fashioned Caterpillar ride at Heritage Park. A Great day there!

It was pretty nice out while we were there. Carter was mostly excited to take advantage of my mom's big yard and the heat. He spent a lot of time playing out there. He also got spoiled with a mini pool and a sprinkler to play in.

This photo is a good shot of why Steve and I call him McRib. LOL

On Canada Day (July 1st) we went up to Crimson Lake - to visit my aunt and uncle and my cousin Michael. They have a huge trailer at a campground, and a boat. We had a GREAT day depsite a little rain. I am sure somewhere I have more photos of this day. Just can't find them right now. However, here is Carter and the horse/zebra cross that lives at the campground. Super cute!
 

I also got to meet up with several of my old (well, not old! LOL) friends from High School. This summer marks our 20th year graduating class. I am so lucky to have forged such awesome friendships with people. I love visiting when we get together. I was lacking on taking pics though - bad me. I did get this one of Carter and Sophia. Sophia is 2 and the daughter of my friend Sam. :)

We took a tour to check out the newly renovated Devonian Gardens. A family shot!


The city was shaping up for the 100th Calgary Stampede later that week.

We also took a drive out to the cemetary to visit my dad. :(

Carter and Steve decided to take advantage of the yard and the weather and go "camping" in the backyard.


When you camp in the backyard you need s'mores!


Little guy asleep in the tent!

Truly Canadian! (This pic was taken at the Fudgery in Banff - best fudge ever!)

All ready to head out for a day at the Stampede!

Pics from the Stampede


More to come... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment