I've had a very long break from anything really creative. It was pretty hard to take, but I just couldn't get into it. All summer long I had intentions to do some general crafty stuff, some quilting, and of course some paper arts stuff. It just didn't happen. Finally I've started to get my groove back.
A few weeks ago I went to a wine and canvas event with my friends Brandee and Leslie. We all learned how to paint this canvas from scratch. I am sooo not a painter, and I know it. I was pretty nervous about how mine would turn out. This was not a paint by number class! All from a blank canvas. I was pretty happy with how mine turned out overall. No Picasso that's for sure, but okay!
Regardless, I had a lot of fun!
This was my first attempt back at scrapbooking after basically 6 months of doing nothing. I almost didn't post it. I just don't like it. I guess it's kind of true - if you don't use it, you lose it. However, in the interest of getting back my mojo...here is it. At least there's a pretty cute face in that pic ;)
Starting to get a bit better with my next project. It's very lumpy with the buttons, so it scanned a bit funky. I like it overall though. Both of the above LO's are made with MME product.
Here we are at Crimson Lake - visiting my aunt and uncle for Canada Day. We had a great time on their boat!
Finally, I feel like I'm *getting* it a bit more. Just a pic of our family. I used it on our Xmas card last year.
I have a few more to finish up, and then I'll post them too!







How wonderful to see you scrapping again Victoria! You take such great photos it's a shame not to use them.
ReplyDeleteLove the canvas - in fact I love the idea of the whole evening...wine and painting...:)
The LOs are all pretty - my fave is the last one...such a great family photo.
Hugs xx
p.s. I'm so not an artist either.
Now that was an update!! Nice LOs, even the 1st one. :)
ReplyDelete