Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Crafty with the Kidlet

Tomorrow is the first day of school. Yikes! I can't believe the summer flew by so fast. We didn't do half the things we wanted to do together. I am a little bummed. Looking forward to next summer already! ;)

Carter is pretty excited to start First Grade. He met his teacher today (I was volunteering at a PTA function, so he tagged along). She is super sweet and made a big deal about introducing herself to Carter. He felt pretty special. He told me he was pretty nervous to go back to school, but now he knows he has a nice teacher he feels better. Aww!

We decided to make a little "first day of school" gift for her. This was a super easy idea I found on Pinterest and it literally cost about $2 to make. We made it in about 20minutes.

Just some $store flowers, cheap pencils, a $store vase and some glue. We added the ribbon and Carter wrote the tag. I hope she likes it!
 
 Carter's tag...

Side view! I decided to add a little band of bling too. Who doesn't love bling? ;)
I'll come back tomorrow with some pics of his first day!

1 comment: