Saturday, June 11, 2011

Fair entries...

I entered a few things (6 items) at the County Fair this year  as exhibits. Today was the first day, so if you head there this week be sure to check out the "Home Arts" department and take a peek at my work!

I entered two scrapbook layouts and they placed first and second place - YAY!

My first place layout on display - "Learning to Hula"

My 2nd Place Layout on display - "Snow Much Fun"

First place in the table and wall decorations category - my handmade paper flower bouquet on display

I really wasn't expecting this to win at all! I was super surprised. I didn't really like how it turned out...but I guess someone really liked it! Carter with my second place winner - A Birthday Banner.

A pic of the ribbon...since Carter was blocking it.
I won some cash for winning too! Woot! (No, it's not much...about $40! ha!)

I also entered the two cards on the right - the one with the silver fabric flower and the owl. Now I don't want to be a bad sport, but I was really disappointed to see the winners. I'm not saying that *mine* should have won, but the work that went into some of the others seemed far superior to the winners. Wonder how they judge these...

 The first place winner is the red and yellow card next to mine with the owls. IMHO - pretty card, but not the winner. You can see a tiny bit of two cards above the others. These were handpainted hand-drawn watercolors - so pretty. There was also another one with a hand folded girls dress on it. I much preferred all the other entries to the winner. The second place winner is pictured below...and again....there were much more worthy choices. Both cards were made by the same person...so I wonder who the judges were ;) Just saying...


**Again, I definitely want to emphasize that everyone's work was awesome. I really hate the "haters" that always rag on people's work and act superior. If you have time, patience, and love for these crafts - well, then kudos. I know everyone must enjoy it as much as I do. I just happen to think that the judging in this might have been a little off - not in anyway saying I don't like the winning cards. They are very pretty!**

2 comments:

  1. fabulous entries and congrats to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. WTG Victoria! Great entries.
    Hugs xx
    p.s. mm...see what you mean re the cards - pretty but...

    ReplyDelete