I had such a fun day today with Carter. We didn't do much really out of the ordinary, but it was a great day. I was really struck by how mature he can be sometimes.
He got up this morning and played a bit before breakfast. Steve headed off to work in the garage, and I went ahead to do some inside cleaning. I was a little overwhelmed by the mess in the house. It really hadn't had a good clean since we got back from Calgary.
Carter came over and said - mom, I'll do all the dusting for you. And he did...and he did a GREAT job. Then I was vaccuming, and he said - I'll do under the table for you...and he did!
Following that, he jumped up at the table and said "I'm going to do my workbooks now". He has to do pages in his workbooks (writing numbers and letters etc) to earn TV time and Wii time. Usually he doesn't complain about it, but he NEVER asks to do it. Well, he sat there for over 30mins and did page after page - properly and neat. I was so impressed!
In the afternoon we headed out to Ikea. His room really needed some more storage. He was REALLY excited when we got there. If you don't know, they have a kids playroom at Ikea. It's pretty cool. However, he's never actually stepped foot in it. It's always full...but we always check. Well, today was his lucky day and they had room for one more. So, we shopped in peace while he played. We got two new shelving units for his room.
Back at home he played nicely while I made dinner and Steve assembled them. We mounted it to the wall and I spent an hour after dinner putting stuff away. When he came in to see it he said "wow - my room just looks perfect!" It was sooo cute!
I'm always a little sad to think he's growing up...but it's nice to have days like this when we can all enjoy life and whining is at a minimum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Sounds like a great day Victoria - it is sad that they grow up so quickly (although no whining was always good in my book!). Carter sounds like a lovely young man.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Sue xx