Thursday, January 20, 2011

Carterisms...

Here are a few silly ones from today...

When I picked him up from preschool today, I asked (as I always do) how it was. He usually says it was okay. Today he let out a big dramatic sigh and said "Moommm...if you want to know how it is everyday, why don't you just stay?!"

I tried hard not to giggle, and said - "well you know Mom's don't stay - preschool is for kids"

Carter knows that I am a teacher, so he says "well, mom, the teachers stay - so why don't you just put on your teacher pants and then you can stay!"

Oooohhhh...why did I never think of that?! Better buy some new teacher pants! ;) Whatever those are!

Later on, we were getting him ready for bed. I pulled out a pair of PJs for him to wear. This particular pair has Elmo on them and my mom bought them for him while we were in Calgary. He hadn't worn them since we got home. He got all excited and wondered if Grammie knew I brought the pjs home. I said yes, she knew - and they were for him. Next thing I know he's smelling them! LOL. I asked him what he was doing and he says "Mom, I don't think Grammie bought these for me". I asked why not? "Well, they smell like Auntie Nancy - they don't smell like Grammie". Too funny!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know I had a particular smell! :) Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cute! I too am wondering what "teacher pants" are and where you'd buy them.
    Hugs,
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete