The first Saturday of every month is Kids Day at Home Depot. You can take your kids in and do a quick (and free!) project with them. We've considered taking Carter for a while now, but since there is some patience and skill involved, we had yet to do so. I saw that this weeks project was a Fireboat. I knew Carter would LOVE it, so we decided to go. In truth he was still a little small (recommended age is 5-12). Daddy had to do quite a bit of work as there was small nails and a lot of hammering involved. They had a good time though, and Carter ended up with his finished project. He was so proud! Home Depot also gives each kid an apron, a pin, a certificate of completion, and stickers for a job well done. Pretty sweet for a free event!
I think Lowes runs a similar program, but you have to pre-register for it. I'll have to check it out. 







Cute! Dad would love doing that with him!
ReplyDeleteOliver and I go every month - it's our "date"! We go for lunch at Subway after... so fun and it's FREE!
ReplyDeleteThat's what we've got the kids signed up for this coming Saturday! I was wondering what they meant by "Fireboat" - cool! Nice work Carter.
ReplyDelete