Saturday, September 29, 2012

Happenings...

Not too much new in our lives right now, but here's a little photo update...

Last weekend we went shopping in SF. Carter always insists on getting his photo taken in front of the hearts in Union Square. They change the scenes a few times a year, so here's a new one!

We also went into Macy's. Middle of September, and the whole top floor is devoted to Christmas. Wow! Carter was so excited and started looking for Santa. LOL. He attempted to sit down and write a letter to Santa, but we convinced him it was a *little* early. Can't believe they have all the stuff out though...

Last week at school they celebrated the end of their annual Walkathon. The school raised $40,000 in just a few weeks - a record! That money really goes directly to helping the school and the students. Thanks to everyone who sponsored Carter! The reward for the kids at the $30K mark was to have a "Dunk The Principal" day. The school principal is a really good sport to do it. Each of the kids and all the teachers get a chance to try and dunk her.

Here's Carter waiting with his friend Brandon (and Joshua in the background). Brandon is super adorable. He actually wrote me a love letter last week. Too cute! However, after an hour (I was volunteering in the classroom) he came and asked for it back. He told me I was still "really nice, but needed it back". I handed it over, and I expect someone closer to his own age got it ;)


Lined up ready to throw. You can see my kid was really pumped! The day (it was about 9am here) started off super cold and foggy (typical SF). I felt extra bad for Ms Mirt sitting in the dunk tank. By 10am though it was hot and sunny - I even got a bit of a sunburn.

Carter's throw - he missed the mark, but gave a really good throw.

VERY silly boys - Carter and Thomas hamming it up for the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment