Saturday, September 29, 2012

Craftiness!

I've been working on lots of little sewing projects lately rather than any paper crafting. It's been fun!

In a few weeks we are going to a Baptism, and I was sort of stumped on a gift. So, I came up with the idea to sew a little project. The little girl is about to be 1, so I thought a cute little cuddle blanket - either for the crib or the couch, or storytime would be a cute start. I went shopping for fabric (with Carter) and he fell so in love with this super soft fabric I decided to make him a blanket too. What a PITA!!! I thought these would go together so quick and easy. However, I quickly found out that wasn't going to be the case. First of all the cotton fabric was cut SUPER crooked. 5" off in fact! Thank you very much disgruntled employee at JoAnns. It took forever to square up. Then the minky fabric was WAY stretchier than I anticipated and I sewed the wrong direction first. In the end, it only took me about an hour to sew up Carter's blanket. It took about 2 hours of prep though. I am going to start Hazel's blanket this week. I hope it goes better!

In the long run though, Carter was soooo happy with his new cozy blankie. I expect he'll be sharing it with Berkeley too. ;)


On another note, here is what kept me busy on Friday. A giant cleanup of Carter's room. I did it while he was at school and a playdate. I took a ton of old books and toys to the Salvation Army, and threw away a ton as well. He noticed right off the bat that one thing was missing (his old cracked Darth Vader mask), but otherwise he hasn't said a word. Feels good to get rid of the old and have his room nice and neat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment