Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Teacher Gifts!

This is a really photo heavy post for one project, but it turned out pretty cute and came together pretty fast (despite some sticky 5 year old hands helping!). I have to say thanks to My Minds Eye for the awesome idea and helpful pdf. The paper is from Basic Grey - Lemonade line. I took a few ideas from Pinterest too!

I bought a plastic flower pot and filled it with these items I covered with paper.

Linked together = paperclips,
Stick with it = thumbtacks
Sharpened = pencils (obviously!)
Some of these items are pretty obvious, but I threw in the descriptions
just in case the pics are super small on here...

Mint to be = mints
Written on my heart = pens
Staples of life = staples

Chews you = gum
Get Sticky = tape
Highlight of the year = highlighter

Take note = post-its
Glue that holds us = liquid glue
Can't be erased = erasers

Carter's teacher uses a lot of hand sanitizer. She has a lot of bottles in the classroom. So, we made these cute personalized sanitizer bottles. My sister helped with the design. I printed the labels on transparencies and then laminated them. I emptied the bottles, inserted the labels inside (the HARD part) and refilled. They were really hard to take a pic of...but you get the idea!

Lastly, a little notebook with my scraps!

Put it all in the bucket, wrapped in cello and put a tag on the front to finish it off!

This is another crappy pic. All these photos were taken after it was almost dark out - but I wanted a record of what they looked like. I only included this since it was so cute! I wrapped it in a grocery bag from Mollie Stones (cheaper than a gift bag, and reusable too!). I saw these and thought what a great idea for a fun bag! (Nancy and Mom...don't worry...I bought you both one!)

Anyways, hope she likes it! She was a very good teacher, and I know Carter will miss her next year!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are awesome gifts for Ms. Fellner! What a great job you and Carter did together. She'll love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! Looking forward to getting my bag. :)

    ReplyDelete