Thursday, October 27, 2011

Welcome to the WeScrap BlogHop!


Welcome to WeScrap's Tricks and Treats Bloghop!


To celebrate Halloween, we would like to share some of our favorite scrapbook tricks and treats with you today! So join us on our blog hop where you'll be inspired by some cool projects, learn some new tricks, and have a chance to win some scrappy treats!

As you hop along, each of our Inspiration Team members will have 1 or 2 words for you to collect. Leave a comment on all the blogs and collect all the words.

Hop on back to the WeScrap Forum for your chance to win our GRAND PRIZE!

Here's our Favorite Things Blog Hop rotation

WeScrap Kits Blog:

Sarah Nolan:

Sue Sykes:

Melissa Buhler:

Jessica Acs:

Victoria Lau: **YOU ARE HERE**


 
****

Here's the project I'd like to share with you today! A little "trick" to make some super cute and easy gift bags. I made these for my son's class, and for his teachers as a little Halloween treat. I filled them with small candies. I hope they'll be a big hit! I plan to make these again as table placecards for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Make them in 5 easy steps!

Step 1: Cut your paper to 5-1/2 by 4-1/4 inches. You can get 4 from a sheet of paper.

Step 2: On the back side (the side that won't show) add adhesive to three sides - two long sides and one short side. Note, it's best to use a strong glue for this step. Otherwise it might not hold. I used my ATG tape gun to glue it.

Step 3: Roll up your paper into a tube...

Step 4: Pinch one end closed...

Step 5: add your candy in, then rotate your tube so you can pinch the other side closed. That's what gives the unique shape.

Step 6: add a tag, ribbon, or other embellishments if you like! Here's my finished products!

I hope you enjoyed my little project and that it might inspire you to create your own treat boxes!

As an extra "treat" for you I have a RAK to give out! I'll draw one name at random from all the comments left on this post by October 31st and send out a set of Halloween stamps to the lucky winner!

*******

Back to our bloghop info...

My secret word for you today is: WESCRAP

This is the last stop on our blog hop - so read the following instructions carefully! Head over to the Wescrap Forum and post a comment on our Blog Hop post so we know you've completed the hop.

THEN send me (Victoria) a private message with the complete phrase you've collected over the blog hop. I'll choose one person who completes both steps and leaves a comment on each blog to win our prize!

To be entered to win the grand prize you must complete the entire blog hop by Sunday October 30th at 11:59 EST

Winners will be announced on the forum on Halloween Day – October 31st!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

36 comments:

  1. those are really cute!! I'll bet they'll be a hit at school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I just might make these with some left over paper! TFS Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great!

    Tanya
    phenis2031 at yahoo dot com
    www.scrappylandusa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful Victoria - thanks for sharing them.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome!!! Love that they couldbe used for any occasion!!

    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are just so adorable and a perfect favor for a holiday party!! I think I will make these for my christmas open house...thank you so much for the opportunity to win..this has been a fabulous blog hop! so glad I participated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these, will definitely be making some up for the holidays. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea! These would be great for different occasions. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are cute! I'm definitely going to use them for the Holiday party at school. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea for all occasions especially as valentine treats.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this!!! I have to make these as gifts!! Too Cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are adorable and make cute little treats. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your gift bags ae so cute!! Great for any occasion. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are really cute little bags - I'll have to bookmark and come back to write down the instructions - my grands will love em.....thanks bunches

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm trying to get into your forum and keep getting error messages - can't complete this blog hop requirements - won't take me to the appropriate websites to complet the final steps and I can't seem to register on the Wesrap site

    Thanks
    dj_enns@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a great tip! I think I am going to use these now!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea!!! Thanks for the tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your treat bags are really cute! I have made some like this for Christmas a few years back and they were a big hit! Maybe I will make some for the kids at school this year!
    Shirley B (Chilly)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are cute. What a fun way to give little candy treats.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG your finished ones are sooooo cute! With the little ghosts/goblins!! You made this look so easy too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely!!!
    tks for sharing
    xx
    Leila
    leilacassimira@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always wondered how to make these. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are really cute, Victoria! You're so very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are adorable - thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are completely adorable!!! Thanks Victoria!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great idea for putting at place settings at Christmas time. I'll have to save this on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love these! I am sure they will be a big hit at school!

    ReplyDelete
  28. very cute - and easy to make - thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are so cute Victoria! I think I'll make some for Christmas goodies too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. So cute.. can't wait to give these a try!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow i can't wait to try these. I may even do some for christmas goodies for my kids! Thanks for sharing i think they are real cute~!

    vick6740@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute cute cute! Great blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Super fun papers and love the characters to accent them. They will surely be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete