I had to share this since it made me laugh!
One of the little girls in Carter's class always likes to hang out close to me. If I'm in the classroom or helping out she is always right by my side, talking to me etc. I found out last week (via a conversation with Carter) that she probably just likes to look at my makeup. I don't wear a ton of makeup, but I do wear foundation, colored lipgloss, and macara everyday. Sometimes I do a bit more, but at 8am that's about as good as it gets.
Last week Carter said she was asking why I always wore makeup - and in turn he asked me. I laughed and just said I just like to, and we left it at that.
The day after she told me her mom was too pretty to wear makeup. Ahh...good for her!
Today, she comes up to me before school and says "Hi Carter's Mom! I see you are wearing make-up...again!". I just said "yes, I am!". She says back to me "You know, my mom is so pretty she doesn't need to wear makeup!". So, I said "yes, you told me". Carter was standing there and I think he instinctively knew there was an underlying insult there...so he sweetly tried to defend me.
He says "Yeah, well my mom needs makeup in the morning!" (I have never said that to him!)
I just laughed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


How sweet of Carter.
ReplyDeleteHugs xx