Friday, October 14, 2011

More Carterisms...

Today we found out that Carter is colorblind. Sad to be confirmed, but we somewhat expected it for a while. The optometrist told us we should prepare him as he grows up that there will be some careers he will be unable to have. No point in getting your heart set on being a pilot and then learning you won't be able to fly. She told us that most emergency personnel need to have proper vision as well. Carter has long talked of being a firefighter...and maybe a police care driver...or maybe work on the ambulance. So, on the way home we casually mentioned that the doctor said he might need to change his mind.

I was surprised when he said - that's okay, I don't want to be a fireman anymore. So, we asked him - what DO you want to be when you grow up. He thought a minute...and then said...

"I think I want to take the tickets at the movies!"

What a kid!
___________________________________________________

Yesterday we were at the store and Carter found some cat toys. He asked if we could buy them for Berkeley, and I said no - Berks already has a lot of toys and she never plays with them anyways.

Carter says "Well, I think we should just take away her bed. All she does is sleep in it all the time. If she didn't have a bed then she'd just have to play with her toys!"

Somehow I don't think Berkeley would like that idea...LOL

1 comment:

  1. LOL @ the cat toys.
    Sorry to hear about the colour blindness and I do hope it doesn't impact too much on Carter's life choices.
    Hugs to all of you. xx

    ReplyDelete