Wednesday, October 5, 2011

First Day!

Carter has been begging us to start Karate. Last week we decided to give in and sign him up for Tae Kwon Do training. I was a little surprised at how intense it is. To sign up Carter had to take a training course to even find out if they'd take him as a student! He passed, and today was the first official day. He is required to go twice a week for 45mins each. He was very keen to go though, so we signed him up for the rest of the school year.

Here he is at the first class.
 At the end of the first class he earned his white belt (the one you get for basically showing up and listening). He was very proud though. The whole studio sat and watched him get presented with it and his teacher awarded it to him as well as a certificate. Afterwards everyone clapped and the cute little guy just BEAMED!
 Karate Kid in his fighting stance - with his new white belt!
 With his certificate!

This is totally a sidepoint, but a very funny story (or maybe you had to be there). I decided to add it so I could remember. On the way home from karate we saw a really old dump of a car with garbage glued on it. It was brown in color, and the paper or whatever it was on it was also brown. Carter noticed it and started asking "what's on that car??" I said "I don't know...garbage I think". Carter thought for a minute and said "Nope, mom...I think it's cats!" I just burst out laughing!

2 comments:

  1. ROFL - love Carter's little sayings. :)
    How wonderful you've signed him up for Tae Kwon Do - he'll enjoy it. Our DS did Judo up to yellow belt and it made such a difference to him (we were sorry he stopped going). My laugh from this...I was walking him to class one night and he suddenly asked why he couldn't go on his own. I said that I was making sure he was OK. He just looked at me and said, "But I'm the one who knows Judo, Mum. I'll be protecting you!"
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks so happy! Glad you signed him up :)

    ReplyDelete