Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Pics from today...

This one is actually from yesterday...but we brought so much sand home it seems like we brought the beach with us. It was super nice out yesterday (despite the lingering fog out on the horizon). The perfect day for lounging on the beach. I relaxed in mybeach chair while Carter mucked around in the sand. He got super wet standing at the edge of the water and trying to outrun the surf rolling in. (hence the massive amount of sand that came home). It was fun though!

Today Carter had his swimming lesson. We switched him to an indoor pool in San Bruno since the outdoor casual lessons seemed to be holding him back. I was a little frustrated that they put him in a class with kids his age, but ones that weren't comfortable in the water. It was taking a loooong time for the kids to earn their first ribbon (one for basically putting your head in the water and not crying). Last week, I admit I made a little complaint that Carter was really being held back, and that was the reason we'd switched him in the first place. I was happy to see his teacher took it into consideration today, and really let him go at his own (faster) pace. He was sooooo excited to get his ribbon today! I actually wish I'd had a video camera to see his face! He was really upset that he hadn't earned it yet.

Here he is with the beloved ribbon! You can still see the goggle marks on his eyes!

...and when you get a ribbon at the pool you can show it next door at the ice cream parlor and get a discount. So...how could I say no to that face? LOL

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your ribbon, Carter! Ainsley goes to La Petite Baleen, too... (on Sunday mornings, with her brother, Carter!)

    ReplyDelete