In Sacramento, we walked a few blocks down to see the capitol building. It was really beautiful, and we took a pretty informative tour. As Canadians, we just kew the super basics of CA law, so it was interesting to see the evolution of the govenors and the building itself.
Steve thought this statue was pretty ironic...gotta agree. Um, I think the funds in the treasury HAVE been found inadequate...LOL. We were told the statue was a gift though...so guess it doesn't ring true. ;)
Me and my boy...right before the tour. Carter asked quite a few questions on the tour. Some good, a few silly, and one to point out that there was also a grizzly on his shirt. ha! I think the other people on the tour found him entertaining. The tour guide called him charismatic. I think it was an understatement.
Family pic!
The beautiful domed ceiling
Seal of CA
CA State Senate
Assembly Room
Carter and the Grizzly. We learned on this tour that this particular grizzly belonged to the last govenor - Arnold Schwarzenegger. He bought it on vacation and it stayed outside his office while he was there. It's still there though...
Carter in front of the San Mateo County exhibit (we live in this county)
outside of the building...
We saw this sweet statue and Carter thought it would be cute to replicate. Took a few tries, but pretty close to mirror image.













Aw, I love the picture of you to hugging :) Just sweetness.
ReplyDelete