We were just sitting down to dinner around 6pm when I happened to look out the patio window and saw a huge cloud of thick black smoke rise in the air. We watched for a few moments, and then decided to (safely) take a closer look. We live only a 5 minute drive from this devastation.
When we arrived close to the scene it was getting chaotic. Fire, Police, Ambulance buzzing up and down the streets. People out of their cars on the freeway watching the fire burn. Residents chatting and crying. It was a very scary and very sorry sight.
I snapped these pics from the highway. When I opened the window the heat from the fire hit us! We weren't that close overall, but it was balls of hot flames rising in the air. It was noisy.
I drove down this street around 4:30 this afternoon having just left the grocery store...amazing.
Our family is praying for those we know in the area. Hopeful that everyone made it out of their homes safely. Wishing only that their homes and possessions were spared. This fire now spans blocks of the city, and is stil burning strong. Say a little prayer for the people of San Bruno, California!







Oh my goodness, Victoria. I am so sorry for those who have lost so much in the devastation. I am glad, though, that you are okay.
ReplyDeleteThis is just so sad and who would have thought something like this could happen? Thank God you and your family are ok and I'm sad for those that aren't.
ReplyDeleteThis is awful Victoria - thankful you are safe but thinking of those who have lost their homes.
ReplyDeleteSue xx
What a terrible tragedy. I'm just watching the footage on CNN right now. It's absolutely devastating. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.
ReplyDeleteOMG Victoria! SOOO scary! I hope that you hear from all your friends that live in the area and that are all safe and sound and uninjured. Stay safe!!!
ReplyDelete