I've spent a lot of time the last few weeks trying not not only trim our family's grocery budget, but our waistlines as well! I've been making up mealplans for the week based on the weight watchers program. I really think WW is one of the best programs out there for not only losing weight, but creating a healthy lifestyle. It's a plan where you really can eat what you want and you don't have to feel deprived by saying no to that piece of cake at a party...you just need to keep it all in check.
Anyways, many have asked for my meal ideas. I admit, I haven't tried these all yet, but they are on my plan for the next 1-2weeks. Overall, they all got great reviews. I also chose recipes that were quick and easy for a busy mom to pop on the table...and I'm hoping most of them are picky 3 year old friendly.
All these meals will be paired with a fresh, or steamed veggie(s) as a side. A salad, or a one point whole wheat bun (the WW brand ones are awesome). I plan to mix that up depending on the dish and what's on sale each week.
Weight Watchers Mexican Chicken Breasts. 4 portions. 4 points each portion.
1pkg taco seasoning
4 (4oz) chicken breasts
I cup salsa
1/4 cup non fat sour cream
Put the chicken and taco seasoning in a bag and shake to coat well. Place in a non-stick cooking pan and bake 30mis at 375F. Remove from oven and pour salsa over top. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Serve with dollop of sour cream on top.
Weight Watchers Mini Turkey Meatloaves. Makes 4. 4 points each.
mix 1/2 small minced onion
1tsp olive oil
1lb lean ground turkey
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 cup ketchup
1 egg
use a mini loaf pan and shape the mixture into 4 mini loaves
Mix 2 tbsp ketchup and 2tsp worch. sauce and add as a glaze on top of the loaves
Bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 350.
Stay tuned...I have more, I'll keep posting them!
I'd love to see what WW recipes your family loves too - post a comment with a link!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


cool thanks for sharing this i have tried some of their recipes and they are really good!!
ReplyDelete