Friday, September 2, 2011

Party Decor!

I had a lot of fun planning Carter's Star Wars party(ies). I found of ton of cute ideas online - mostly through searching on Pinterest. So, I can't take credit for most of these...but I'll still share since it all turned out cute!

Princess Lays: Lays Potato Chips

Darth Cheddar: Cheezit crackers

Light Sabers: pretzel rods dipped in chocolate (I colored white chocolate with a little food dye). These went down FAST!

Free Han Solo from the Carbonite: aka Blue Jello and a (new and clean Han Solo figure). Carter has refused Jello since birth (well, okay...since the first time I attempted to give it to him). However, he ate it today - had to rescue Han!

Wookie Cookies: sugar cookies made from William Sonoma molds. I was too lazy to decorate them up with icing, but they turned out okay. Yoda has a little green color to him and the death star is a little purple thanks to some food coloring in the dough.


Space Cake: Cake courtesy of Costco, decor courtesy of moi. I was disappointed though. I bought the edible image online and it would NOT come off the backing. I followed all the instructions and it was a no go. I finally cut it and put it on the cake and fixed it up a bit with other decorations. The image never fully melted into the cake though. Grr! The little lego pieces are actually lego candies!

Death Star Pops: chocolate Yoda lollipops

Jedi Juice: an assortment of beverages

Here's the dessert table all set up...

Ewok Food: snack mix in a bag. We gave these out to the adults as party favors.

Light Saber Training...

Vader's Veggie Platter...

I also had edamame as "Yoda Ears". Those were a big hit! We went through a giant container from Costco. I guess I forgot to take a pic :(

I have a few more pics to come of new things to eat/do at the kids party next Saturday - including a fun craft: Make your Own R2D2!

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This all looks amazing..and yummy!!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's awesome! I'm sure Steve was just as excited about all as Carter was!! :-)

    ReplyDelete