Today my sweet little boy turned 5. I am absolutely amazing that 5 years has gone by and that he's grown to be this big...sigh. He's a great kid though, and we are so proud of him!
Here he is...one whole hand!
This evening we had all of Carter's psuedo aunts and uncles over. We are pretty close to Steve's co-workers, and we all get together several times a year to drink, eat, and drink a little more! ;) Carter was super excited to have them all over and parrrrrtay!
Here he is with Geoffrey. The two boys were the only kids and they had a blast playing all night! Geoffrey (and his family) gave Carter the card he's holding. It plays music. Carter is a BIG fan of cards that play music. My sister sent him one that also plays music...although a different tune. Right now Carter is in bed holding both cards and loves to set them off together. Kids!
Opening a very cool car from Otute and Arlin...
Carter and Geoffrey opening up a gift...
Star Wars Lego...is there anything better??
Showing off the goods!
I had to share this photo even though it looks silly. He was all ready to have cake and blow the candles when he decided to have a Starburst candy - his first ever. Well, it got stuck to his teeth just as we started to sing (here's the pic!). About halfway through the song he got it out and decided to tell everyone - "it's OUT!"
Blowing the candles...
Shortly after the cake, Carter and Geoffrey headed off upstairs to build some Lego...almost never to be heard from again! I went to check on them, and I got this "sigh....Mom, could you leave now?"
Have you ever seen a happier smile? Totally, 100% SPOILED rotten!!
**dislaimer** In the next post I forgot to give my sister credit for helping me design all the food signs. Nancy...you're the best! Pics of him opening your gifts come tomorrow...I'm tired!













Fabulous! So pleased Carter had a good birthday and was able to partaaaay!!
ReplyDeleteHugs xx
p.s. totally remember the "sigh...can you go now please.." days.lol :)