Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A new tooth!

Carter lost his first tooth! July 18th in the afternoon! The new tooth has been coming in for a few weeks, but the old one wasn't quite ready to fall out yet. The last few days it was getting really loose, but it just wasn't quite ready to come out yet. Carter was very brave and let Daddy try pulling it (hard!) several times, but it was definitely still lodged in there. On Monday we went out for breakfast with some friends and I could tell it was bugging him - he wasn't eating. I offered to call the dentist (since he said it was hurting) and see if he could pull it. Initially he said no, but about an hour later he asked me to. Figures - the dentist was on a week of vacation! When they offered to schedule us with someone else, Carter declined and said to wait.

We came home later that morning, and Carter started playing in his room. I noticed after a few minutes that he got up and closed the door - which is odd for him. I decided to give him a few minutes before checking to see what he was up to. About 2 minutes later I hear him come running and yelling "Mom!". He ran up to me and handed me something. Initially I thought it was a small lego. Often he asks me to pry small pieces apart. Then I realized what it was. He showed me his mouth, and he REALLY must have pulled it - it was really bloody in there! Ew! He told me "It was hurting a lot - so I just pulled and pulled and PULLED till it came out!" That's pretty brave!

The new tooth is almost all the way in (the crooked one to the left on the bottom).

And of course...the tooth fairy came! Carter was pretty excited for this, since we had been hyping it up a lot. He told us he hoped she left him one dollar - CASH! ha! Well, he was pretty excited in the morning to find out the tooth fairy DID leave him cash! $5 actually - and a little note saying after this the rate dropped quite drastically! The tooth fairy also left the little tooth behind to keep for the scrapbook.


Carter's money was buring a hole in his pocket (of course!). He has his $5 and about $4 more saved up. Went to Target and found a much lusted after Ninja ledo set for $8. One happy boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment