I had to write this story from today down...really sweet comments from Carter, and I didn't want to forget...
This morning while we were driving, Carter asked me what heaven was like. He is quite interested in what happens to you when you die lately (guess it's just normal for his age), so we've briefly discussed it. I started to tell him the things I usually tell him - about how heaven is a great place, etc.
He stopped me though, and said "I KNOW that Mom, but what does it LOOK like?"
So together we started piecing a picture of what heaven must look like. We decided it was high in the sky and full of light and fluffy white clouds.
Then out of the blue, Carter asks - "can I take crayons with me to heaven? "I was a little unsure of where he was going with this question, so I told him if he wanted crayons, I was sure there would be some in heaven. He says "Good mom. When I go to heaven, I'm going to get a red crayon and color my own cloud red. Then when you are up there with all those people you will see my red cloud and be able to find me super fast".
Seriously...I totally teared up in the car!
Then he told me "You color your cloud pink, so I can look up in the sky and see where you are every day!"
(We've briefly discussed that you shouldn't worry about dying/going to heaven since it happens when you are older. But since Mom and Dad are older we will go to heaven before Carter)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Awww.... he comes up with the cutest stuff Victoria! One to remember... "The Little Red Cloud"
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet Victoria. I teared up just reading it. What a great boy you have there.
ReplyDeleteHugs xx
I too teared up reading it. M. is asking the same sort of questions too. I think it is normal for this age. What a sweet boy you have!
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet! <3
ReplyDelete