Steve and I were just laughing about this story (again) and it reminded me I should write it down...
Last week Carter brought up the differences between boys and girls. He's almost 5, so I sort of knew this was coming, but instead of launching into a big discussion I asked him "What do you think is the difference between boys and girls".
He surprised me (and made me laugh) with his very emphatic answer:
"Girls have ponytails, and boys don't"
OHHH...well, I never would have guessed! Steve and I giggled a bit to ourselves and decided to leave it at that. I couldn't help but bait him a little bit though and asked "what about girls who have short hair". He says "Hmmmmmm...you mean like Grammie? Well, they must not be sure if they are boys or girls yet..."
Yup, that must explain it! What a kid!
Gotta say, I don't mind him being a little naive about this stuff ;)
Yesterday he was playing with a small toy lightsaber, and the conversation came up again when he pretended to hang it on the back of his head.
He started giggling uncontrollably and asked "Mom, did I trick you?? Did you think I was a GIRL?"
Nutty little guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I love it! The innocence of children (lost all too soon these days :().
ReplyDeleteI really giggled about the girls with short hair not being sure yet.
Thanks for sharing Victoria.
Hugs xx
Oh so innocent . . .
ReplyDeleteWait til he meets some dude with a super long pony tail!