Sunday, December 5, 2010

Why 2010 sucked...

I was complaining to Steve tonight about my 2010. Overall, it's been a pretty up and down year. We've had the good, the bad, and the super bad.

I'm still not feeling 100% after my surgery and I feel bad complaining about it. I know there are people waaay worse off in the world than me...but as I thought about it, I began to realize why it was a REALLY crappy year for my health.

Here's a run-down...more for my personal information than anything else. I just looked back at my medical records and was surprised at what I've been through.

2010 health highlights

Started off in January with a severe cold for which I required prescription cough meds.
By the end of January I also had a severe UTI
In late January I developed tendonitis in my right hand and had to wear a brace for 6 weeks.
In late February I had a severe allergic reaction to bleach - and am hence banned from using it.
March saw me down for almost 2 weeks with confirmed H1N1 flu
I followed that flu with a severe cold which turned into pneumonia - more meds
In April I had my first confirmed case of Vertigo.
April I had another UTI - which needed 2 round of Cipro to cure me.
In May I was reasonably healthy - although heavy bleeding and cramping got me down.
In June I went for a COMPLETE health exam and was diagnosed with every uterine problem know to man (um, woman!)
In June I had a massive complication from a  previous root canal and gum needed surgery - twice.
July and August saw me through yet another UTI and several specialists for my reproductive system.
In September I had a uterine biopsy - pretty much the most painful test/procedure I've ever experienced.
In October I started on an injectable drug called Lupron - verrrry unpleasant.
In November I had laproscopic surgery to remove my entire reproductive system. The only choice to cure my sever anemia and clotting.

It's December, and I'm still recovering from the surgery...and...I've got another case of Vertigo.

Shoot me, seriously...
2010 - don't let the door hit you on the way out...

3 comments:

  1. Oh Victoria it's no wonder you feel you've had a rubbish year. There's nothing worse than feeling unwell and you've had more than your fair share. Plus you have an energetic boy to look after.
    I know that if my arthritis has a flare up I can simply retire to the sofa or bed and there's nothing spoiling.
    I do hope that your latest surgery has solved most of your problems and that 2011 is a much better year for you healthwise.
    Lots of (((hugs))),
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something tells me you've run out of bad luck and that 2011 will be a better year! (Until the world comes to an end in 2012, right?) Ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vicki,
    I'm so sorry about your lousy year. I know it's been tough on you and your family.
    You are a strong person and have come through some of the hardest things anyone has ever been through with a great attitude. I'm proud to know you.
    Take care and stay healthy in 2011 and beyond.
    Love Jill :)

    ReplyDelete