Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Thanksgiving this week in the US! I am feeling kinda bummed that we are celebrating solo (the three of us) this year. The last few years we've always had family here, or had friends over. Regardless, we will make it a fun day!

With the holiday weekend, Carter only has one day of school this week. Today. It's a busy day with school, then the chance to pick up his school pics (can't wait to see them! Will they be silly, cute, or really good?!). After that I am taking him for his first physical therapy appointment for his feet. I think tonight might be a pizza night!

Carter's class made up an adorable Thanksgiving cookbook. When I first saw it, I panicked a bit - thinking I'd dropped the ball, and forgotton to send a recipe. Once I started reading though, it was easy to see these were kid-made recipes.

Here is Carter's:

Chicken Noodle
by Carter Lau

You get some noodles from the grocery store,
then you bake it in the oven for 1 hour.
Then you eat it for dinner.

I see he gets his cooking skillz from me ;). Plus, he forgot to put the chicken in! ;)

Here are a few other of my favorites from the book:

Zucchini Bread

Need milk, candy, bread, yogurt, apples. Mix them up and put them in a bowl. Add strawberries. Wash them up. Then cook for 5 minutes.

Spaghetti

Mix with pancakes and syrup. Mix with pumpkin and then we mix with crackers and then we mix with waffles. Stir it really good. Bake in the oven for 9:15. Then we take it out and eat it all up.

Banana Pie and Cookies (by Carter's girlfriend - Brooke)

Put the banana in it and the dough. Then you get some sugar and salt and then cook it for 1 minute. Then it's done. Then you could put a little salt on it.

Pizza

Slice it up first. Then we give it to someone. You can have delivery or pick it up.

Totally cracks me up! There are tons of other cute ones in the book too!

3 comments: