2 weeks, and no posts. Anyone still reading this thing?? ;)
My oh my, what a two weeks it has been!
Here's a brief recap:
We moved out of our old place, and found we still had more stuff than we ever dreamed.
Got it done, cleaned, and carpets cleaned though with 3 whole days on our lease to spare.
It was kind of sad leaving there. It really started to feel like home...
The new place is a MESS! Therefore, not so much feeling like home.
Carter is better and rowdier than ever.
Steve is still pretty sick
and I came down with a flu unlike I have ever had the weekend. It left me fully unable to get out of bed for the better part of 4 days. I'm up and about now, but still super weak, and suffering the cold symptoms that come after the flu. UGH.
So...that's why the new place is a mess. We haven't unpacked anything really. Just the bare bones we need to survive. The rest is strewn throughout the house and the garage and looks terrible. The only room that looks somewhat liveable is Carter's room. I took photos, but of course I can't find my camera cold, so...sorry, this is a no photo post. It looks good though! :)
The bathrooms are done upstairs. We had a set back with those too this weekend. I decided to take a nice long bath to relax myself from my flu and uh-oh....Steve went downstairs to find a considerable amount of water seeping through the ceiling into the kitchen and family room. OMG! Our contractor was called at 10:30pm and was in bright and early the next morning. Turns out the problem was just a spot that missed caulking, and a few other minor repairs. Originally we thought the entire wall was going to need ripped out. YIKES!
Anyways, they look great. However, due to illness, we have only one shower curtain up in the one bathroom. The other one will have to wait. Glen is working hard on the powder room downstairs, and will also replace the flooring in the front entry. He says the bulk of it should be done today! Woohoo!!
In other news, Carter's preschool teachers told me last week that he has almost all the skills ready for kindergarten - including some that aren't usually learned until when they are IN kindergarten. He knows the basics like letters and numbers by sight, can *read* a few basic words, knows his first and last name and how to spell them, and can cut with scissors as well as a few other things. Apparently, they are especially impressed with his ability to skip since that is usually a skill picked up by 5-6 year olds. LOL - He's been doing that for most of a year. The kid is NEVER still. Anyways, that makes me feel good. Knowing that he's learning at school - as well as having fun, learning at home, and generally on the right path. Plus, since he's only 3, he has another 1.5 yrs to go to get to kindergarten. :)
Anyways, I will look for my camera cord to get some photos up in the next few days!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


"Skipping" is usually a skill only picked up in high school I thought! LOL!
ReplyDeleteWow you poor thing..your flu sounds like it was bad...kinda sounds like Joe when he had the H1N1...that was all bad. I'm glad to hear you are feeling a tiny bit better.
ReplyDeleteWhat awesome news about Carter! But, we all know he is a bright little boy ;) Still a proud thing to hear good news like that.
I am looking forward to seeing the pics...no hurry ;) And of'couse seeing the house...one of these days!
I've been checking all the time, just waiting for you to update...
ReplyDeleteMiss you guys- hope you feel better soon!!!
GLAD YOU GUYS ARE ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY!!!! Any unpacking done yet, lol.
ReplyDelete