Monday, May 30, 2011

Scrappy Stuff...

I've been bloggy today! If you're just hoping on be sure to read below - this is my 4th or 5th post of the day!

Tomorrow I have to go and hand in my entries for the County Fair. If you're a long time blog reader, you may remember that I entered several items in the 2009 fair and was super excited to win several ribbons for my work! Last year, I missed the deadline and decided for 2011 I'd buck up and get my butt in gear. Of course I'd love to win something, but the best part of entering is that you get 2 free admissions and a free parking pass just for entering an item. An entry costs you $2, but in return you're getting about $30 worth of admission. Carter loves to go and ride the rides, so it was totally worth it to enter.

As I was packing up my stuff I realized perhaps I should snap a few pics just in case something goes missing at the fair, or it gets damaged. However, the sun is setting and light is not ideal. You get the overall idea though!

A handmade card - whimsical little owl and a paper lace background. It looks shimmery in the pic because it is loaded with glimmer mist!

A second card - a little more elegant with a satin rosette.

I shared this a few months ago - a paper flower bouqet.


A layout I made for the scrapbooker contest - Carter learning to hula dance in Hawaii. Lots of dimension on this page and canvas flowers too.

And a second layout - Carter's first sledding experience. Really love how this one turned out. I glazed a ton of the embellishments for dimenstion and added a ton of sparkle. 

I also made a birthday banner to enter. It's too big to take a pic of in this crappy light though. I'll take some pics at the fair of it displayed! Wish me luck! Overall, I DID enter just for the fun of it, but it would be nice to win a ribbon!


1 comment: