Thursday, March 29, 2012

Kindergarten fun with the Opera!

I was excited to go help out in Carter's class today. I don't get the opportunity to work in his classroom very often, so when I am invited to go I jump on the opportunity. Today was a fun day! Carter's teacher had invited the San Francisco Opera Guild to come and do a presentation with the kids.

Some of my blog readers might not know that I am trained as an Opera singer, and since Carter's teacher knew this, she was sure I'd want to come and check it out. I had a great time!

The opera was Hansel and Gretal and all the kids got turns to play different parts. Here is Carter as the gingerbread house!



After that, he got a turn to be Hansel. The little girl in the photo is one of his BFF's and he's quite insistent at this point in time that they are going to get married one day! LOL. I thought this photo was especially funny since it looks like she's lecturing him about something! ;)

He's hiding behind her to stay safe from the witch...right before they push her into the oven!


...and there she goes!
It was a fun day! Really makes me think I need to get back to singing again...I am so out of practice! It would also probably help if Carter would stop sharing his germs with me and I could get rid of this cough! ugh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment