Woohoo! Glad to know people are reading my blog! I've been nominated by my fabulous scrappy friend Fleur Smith for the "Stylish Blogger" Award!
I've been blogging for about 18months now and I love using my blog to share my paper creations and all the silly things my son Carter does!
Now for the hard part...I'm supposed to share 7 random things about me. It shouldn't be that hard, but it is!
1. I am not a sit around and do nothing person. I pretty much always like to be doing something. That's part of the reason I have so many hobbies. I can't imagine just sitting in front of the TV or the computer for hours doing nothing. If I'm watching a movie or more than 30mins of TV I am usually scrapbooking or knitting, or doing something while I'm doing it.
2. On the subject of TV...I don't watch much. But I would be super duper sad to miss an episode of Glee or Big Love. I PVR them both every week! One of my all time guilty pleasures to watch is Buffy The Vampire Slayer - love that show!
3. Another guilty pleasure of mine is chicklet books. I read primarily right before bed and I just can't get into a heavy novel right before I go to bed. You're more likely to find me reading a Sophie Kinsella book or a Twilight novel!
4. I loooove to take baths - and super duper hot ones. I take a bubble bath (with my book!) most nights before I go to bed.
5. On the topic of going to bed - since my early 20's I've been an on and off insomniac. However, if I don't get enough sleep I get very very verrry cranky. Just ask my husband! ;) Basically I overthink everything and a nice quiet bedroom is the place my mind likes to do it's thinking. On the plus side I sometimes get great ideas around 1am!
6. I love to scrapbook (which if you're reading this, you probably already guessed!). The part I love the most is that it's a hobby that just for me - my outlet that I can do however I like. BUT, the end result is something that my whole family can enjoy. I also love all the friends I've made through scrapbooking. Scrapbookers are the BEST! Friendly, generous, fun people! My biggest pet peeve about the hobby - is how others often perceive it, or me. I get a lot of comments on how I get so much time to scrapbook. (See point #1!).
7. Not so random, but needs to be said - I love my two boys more than anything in the world! My wonderful supportive husband Steve, and my super duper sweet little guy Carter. xo. I might complain here and there about my SAHM duties or life in general, but they make my world go round!
Now for the next part of the challenge...nominating 6 people whose blogs I love!
Allison Cope is not only an online scrappy friend (who I dearly hope to meet someday in person), but she is a FABULOUS sketch artist and in general a great scrapbooker. I get a lot of inspiration from her!
Samantha Star is amazing at fun distressing techniques and does a wonderful job making cool invitations and favors for special occasions. I'm so happy to call her one of my best friends!
Elisabeth Ostrowski has a wonderful way with cards and stamps. I was so happy to work with her on the Scrapbook Star DT.
Leah Killian makes gorgeous layouts and cards. I always check her blog daily for some eye candy!
Sarah Nolan has a really FUN scrapbook style. I adore her layouts! Her blog is full of gorgeous inspiration and layouts!
Zahra Jaffer has a fun blog and does some lovely work with digital scrapbooking. Makes me want to give it a try!
Please check out these lovely ladies' blogs and leave them some love!
Thanks again Fleur for nominating me! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Well deserved award Victoria. I love reading your blog, seeing your LOs and hearing the latest "Carterisms".
ReplyDeleteLoving your random facts too. I'm a great believer in the power of a hot bubble bath and a good book!
Hugs xx
FUN! Hope you win . . .
ReplyDelete